Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feb 25 PM

We headed to the skating rink after the bank stop this morning. Got there at 11:30 and it turned out they have lunch break til 12:30. We had to grab our lunch and wait before he can get in the rink.

We only paid 3500 for entrance and skates rental for one kid. I opted not to since I am not really up to it. P tried to convince me a lot of times but maybe next time. He even volunteered to pay for me. I have yet to gather enough strength and patience to try to learn that one.

He ended up hugging the wall for the first two rounds and I was following him while walking OUTSIDE the rink. He managed to move away from the wall before we hit the third round. It wasn't so bad. I got to exercise a bit but he stayed on until 4:45 with a couple of breaks in between including the 15 minutes official re-icing time. (I'm not sure if that's a correct term.)

He stayed there for four hours of skating and I stayed around watching and almost freezing. I had to hang out at the cafeteria where it was less cold, run to the rest room to empty my unusually busy bladder and warm my hands in the electric hand drier. I have never been a regular fan of rest rooms but that drier is such an attraction.

A day at the skating rink can be fun, I think. He just have to make sure to put enough foot powder the next time we go so his rented skates will not stink. What on the list for next time? Bring more food and drinks (buying so often at the cafe is too expensive), a towel, hand warmer, extra pair of socks, and foot powder a.k.a. baking soda.


No comments:

Post a Comment